At the end of last week, Anita Harden informed the local soccer community that further delays had arisen and that shovels would be hitting the ground beginning today (Wednesday, August 29th). This would mean that the construction timeline for completion would be delayed until December 1st (or so). She advised the local user groups to find alternate plans for the fall.
Read the full email after the jump.
The email stated (in full):
After further delays have surfaced, we are writing to let you know that despite our best efforts, we are postponing the dome opening until after the Christmas break. We won't have a shovel in the ground till next Wednesday earliest, bringing our construction timeline closer to Dec. 1st.
We are advising you to find alternative space until Christmas, we don't want anybody to be stuck for space and understand that you have to make alternate arrangements.
These delays could not be anticipated. We had hoped and expected the City to expedite their process. We believe they did, however, too little - too late. As we work into the fall we need to consider weather, and further construction delays.
We will be asking the user groups to shorten the pre-christmas season and extend their winter sessions further into the spring. We thank you for your understanding, patience and continued support.